Skip to main content

August Monthly Goals Blog Hop



July Goals:

  • Eliminate soda - again. I think I had two sodas last month. So not a complete success, but far from failure.
  • Walk at least a mile twice a week (2.5+ laps around BBR pond) It has been WAY TOO HOT to go to the park. But I have done some long walking at stores/malls. So not a success
  • 3 days without red meat, pork or poultry Don't think this happened either
  • 1 week without eating anything on my sensitivity list SUCCESS!!
  • Start oil-pulling again Hadn't even crossed my mind in the mornings.
  • Take my vitamins and meds EVERY DAY I missed a couple of days, but by no means failed.
  • Rearrange dining room and living room Living room rearranged. Haven't made it to the dining room.
  • Attend a transcendental meditation info session Never received July schedule from TM leader
  • Listen to my Circle+Bloom mind-body meditation sessions 3+ times a week Nope. These are on a hard drive that crashed.
  • Complete and sell some of the crafts piling up in the bedroom Didn't touch these either.
So I didn't succeed in all goals, but I've decided that I'm not going to say I failed. I just didn't put forth my best effort, so it's time to try it again.

August Goals:

Carry Over from July:

  • Walk at least a mile twice a week (2.5+ laps around BBR pond)
  • 3 days without red meat, pork or poultry
  • Start oil-pulling again
  • Rearrange dining room
  • Attend a transcendental meditation info session
  • Listen to my Circle+Bloom mind-body meditation sessions 3+ times a week (after downloading them again)
  • Complete and sell some of the crafts piling up in the bedroom

New for August:

  • Start doing yoga again so I'm ready for my free week of yoga at a studio in Sept.
  • Convert local PCOS group to a Power Up for PCOS group! (My volunteer interview is this evening!!)
  • Test out the White Rock location for the Sept PCOS walk
  • Convert my old bakery blog into a recipe warehouse
I've been feeling better lately. I started back to work at the beginning of July, part-time, 5 hrs a day, 3 days a week. This week, at the request of my boss, I increased my hours to 8 hours a day, 3 days a week. I'd add more days, but I can't afford the gas to get back and forth yet. Since I still don't have me license, hubby has to make the drive to and from work twice a day. 26 miles round trip, twice. I only get paid once a month, so next month, when I can afford gas from the increased hours I've been putting in, I'll add more days.

I'm also in the process of converting my local support group into a Power Up for PCOS group. I'm looking forward to my volunteer interview tonight :) I also applied for a second job at a pottery shop near home. It doesn't pay worth a darn, but I'm not doing it for the money. I'm doing it to see happy little children painting to their heart's content. And to pay for all the cool stuff I want to paint lol. Even if I don't get the job, I'm hoping to plan a support group meeting at the pottery store, so we can all paint butterflies or something :)

Oh yeah, and according to the nurse at my rheumatologist's office this week, I have lost 6 pounds since my last visit. Yay me :) The pair of pants that I bought 6 months ago that was a size 16 without the W no longer fits. They are huge on me. So my grandmother bought me a new pair this week. They are 16s as well, but much smaller than the others. I know the old pair was just lying to me when it said 16, but it still felt good to no longer have Ws on my pant sizes. And it's still that way. In fact, I didn't even shop in the plus size section to get the newest size 16s. So yay me!


Comments

  1. Lynne,

    I am SO PROUD of you! Seriously, I am! How did the interview phone call go? I am so happy work is going well, and SIX POUNDS is AWESOME!!! Keep up the excellent progress and positive attitude, you got this!

    -SECS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interview went fabulously :) So excited to get going. I've got to start looking for meeting spaces! Where do you have yours?

    I know that I want to get back to being the happy person I used to be, and I can see glimpses of it lately. I know that things are going the right direction and I'm not going to look back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you could do it! I've only had one meeting so far, and it was more like I brought Power Up to an already established group in a nearby county to see if they want to convert their group for their area. I'm not 100% sure where I want to hold future meetings in my area- I've been debating coffee shops or the library...I don't exactly know! What are you thinking about?

    Keep up with the positive action and good things will continue to occur, I KNOW you can keep your chin up and do this. Being unhappy is so not fun! I am incredibly excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you did get done is a HUGE list, so that is amazing! Go you! :) Soda is hard to give up, and having two is nothing-you did it! :)

    Thanks for linking up, and next month we own this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I don't think it can be considered a failure unless you didn't try a single thing on the to-do list. If you tried, and especially if you were able to make at least one thing happen, that's a success!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the