Skip to main content

April Goal Checkin

Work:
I've been mostly working 6 hours a day. I had a 5 hour day, and I have taken a day off to deal with some family stuff. But I'm doing really good. I've been getting up earlier so I can get my hours in and be able to do other stuff afterwards.

School: 
I have not started my Mobile App Development course because of missing Monday. I will be getting the two lectures I missed done this weekend so I can start viewing the live lectures next week. My bosses have approved watching them at work, I just have to clock out. I'm glad I have awesome bosses. I've already got some ideas for app development, so it'll be cool to actually put this into practice. It will also come in handy at work, since we are building phone apps for our system.

Personal: 
I went to a "How to Make Your Own Kombucha" class Wednesday, and got my own batch brewed and "cooking" last night. Next Thursday I'll be able to flavor and package it up, then one more week before I can drink it. The last time I tried this, I was told that I needed to let it cook for a month, and that's way different than this class. But I've had Dr. B's tea on several occasions, and it's always awesome. Mom will be happy when this is done, because it'll be sweeter and less acidic than the stuff you can get in the store. My first batch will be two flavors. One is Black Currant Chia - to mimic my favorite Synergy brand flavor, and the second is Peach Ginger. I'm so excited to try this - 2 weeks is too long! But at the end of the first week, I should have two beautiful SCOBYs (the stuff that ferments the tea), and I can increase the amount I make. I'm hoping that Hubs will like this too and I can wean him off of some soda.

I've played more video games with Hubs this week than I have in the last few months. I know he's enjoying it, but I still hate the disappointment on his face when my hands can't function anymore and I have to stop.

I haven't watched as much tv, because I've been gone! It's hard to sit and watch tv when you are busy doing other stuff, so hopefully I can keep it that way. (Especially since Netflix is increasing their prices!)

I started proofreading that novel, too!

Health:
We went to the park Tuesday evening and walked 1.2 miles. Our favorite park just spent $3 million in renovations, which included a brand new walking path around the pond. It increased from .4 miles per lap to .6, and it's more even, so walking isn't quite as difficult. I used to only make one lap around, but I was able to push through the pain and get a second lap done. I was very proud of myself. We did stop to take pics of the ducklings- my favorite part of that park in the Spring. There were 2 sets, one with 19 babies and the other with 8.


I had planned on going to yoga last night since I missed it last week, but got distracted at home and didn't leave in time. I'm going again next week. No reason to get mad at myself, I just have to keep going.

I've also been taking my supplements regularly, but I haven't fixed my pill box yet. There are some additional supplements, like Vitamin D, that I really need to be taking. I just have to get that box organized!

I did some meal prep last night. I made a huge batch of "nacho cheese" sauce, then used some of it to make broccoli "cheese" soup. I'll need to make more rice or quinoa to go along with the soup, but that's easy. One of my bosses said the soup looked really tasty. Oh, it totally was :P

Conclusion:
That's all the updates I have for now. I have a busy busy weekend, and hopefully I won't die on Monday because of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the