Skip to main content

April Goal Update #2

Another Goal Update!

I'm fairly happy with my goals so far. But first, I have to mention something that is weighing heavily on me today. Prince died. I usually don't get upset about celebrity deaths, but this one really hurts, because I almost met him.

It's been almost 10 years now. My grandparents and I had dinner with Larry Graham, former bassist/vocalist for Sly and the Family Stone. He was a good friend of Prince's, and had told Prince in advance that we were having dinner. This was the same time period that Prince decided to start studying with Larry to become a Jehovah's Witness. Since my grandfather was a JW Circuit Overseer in the Minneapolis area back then, Larry requested that my grandfather attend one of the studies. My grandparents always talked about me, so when Prince found out that I would be in town, he went to Larry's for dinner. Sadly, we had left about 20 minutes before he arrived. When I found out, I was so sad. He has always been one of my favorite musicians. And now I'll never meet him. I'll never see him in concert. The worls has lost a great artist.

Rest in peace, Prince. I'll always regret not convincing my grandparents to turn around and meet you.

---------------------------

And now onto my goal update.

Work:
I'm working mostly 6+ hours, except on class days. I'd be working longer if I wasn't working on a side project, redecorating a friend's new office. All I have left is to make curtains, but it takes at least an hour to make one panel - ironing folds flat for easier hems is great, but slow. Especially on 9 foot panels that must be ironed on the floor.

I'm supposed to host a Norwex party this weekend - if my grandmother has made the necessary phone calls she was supposed to make. I'll find out tonight. I'm a little worried, but I know everyone that would be attending and they won't be upset if I stumble through the material or don't have all the answers.

Health:
I still haven't been working out as much as I would like, but I was meeting my step goals for the last two weeks, so I bumped them up from 3k to 4k. I know that doesn't sound like a lot of steps, but in the beginning I was doing good to average 1.5k.

I am consistent with my supplements, but I still haven't reorganized them. Meal prep also hasn't been happening because I have been running myself ragged on the weekends. Work, group stuff, new volunteer position with an animal rescue, weekly date with my grandmother... I'm busy.

School:
I've been attending every live lecture for Mobile App Development, and I'm bored as heck. There's almost no coding. We've just been walking through how to install the apps needed to write the code. I've got two lectures left, and I don't have a lot of hope that there will be code.

Hubs and I have not sat down and started other classes. He has decided that he is no longer interested in them, so that was a waste of money. He keeps saying that he didn't want them in the first place, but I wouldn't have purchased them if he wasn't willing to take/use them.

I really want to get back to my Doctorate program, but haven't had the extra cash to buy my next course. I've been taking free or super cheap courses as they come along, but none are with my chosen school. So I might be in school, but not taking the right courses. Hopefully soon I'll be able to purchase my next course. I already have the books, so I could at least be reading/studying them, and that would make the actual class go by much faster. Anyone want to donate to the "Lynne wants to be a Doctor" fund?

PCOS Group:
The April meetup was a bust. No one showed up. I guess that's not a bad thing because the restaurant sucked, but I'm upset that I do a lot of work to put these events on and half the time, no one shows up. It's a waste of my time, so I'm not even sure I'm going to continue the events. I'm sure that will upset people in the group, but I don't think they have a right to get upset if they never attend.

I haven't scheduled any posts, but we are doing an online chemicals and hormones workshop this week. Maybe that will benefit the members.

Personal/Home:
- I think I have cut back on my tv consumption. I haven't really been paying attention, but I've been so busy that it's hard to just watch tv right now. We've been playing games more, but I am still super busy. I'm also reading more again. I've been switching between one of my favorite authors and my friend's books. Some days I want to read without proofreading, so I'm not getting through my friend's book very fast. It's also hard to proofread because it is written in the form of a diary, so I can't make it too grammatically correct. It takes away from the "diary" aspect.

Leash training Spike? Ha! Well he's not too bad, as long as no one else is outside. He loses focus and feels that he needs people to pay attention to him.

I have been getting up a little earlier each day so I can get more hours in at work. It's hard because I'm not really going to bed earlier. Baby steps.

We have been cleaning the apartment, and Hubs is really starting to help out- sadly it's because we know that people will be entering the apartment, but as long as it gets done, I don't care.

I finally started my "Happiness" journal two days ago. I'm only writing about good things that happen. No reason to dwell on the crap, and that stuff isn't going to matter when I go back next year and read this journal again. I found a cute hard spiral journal that says "Do more of what makes you happy" and I figured it was perfect for my happiness journal.

And...... I made kombucha! It came out AMAZING. I had two flavors, peach ginger and black currant. I brought it up to the office so a coworker could try it. She'd never had kombucha before, so I probably ruined it for her. Homemade is soooooo much better than the bottled stuff at the store. Hubs tried it and asked if I would make him a batch with a flavor he chose. "I know that it's supposed to be good for your gut and mine is not happy, so if you can make a batch that's not too vinegary, I'll drink it." WOOHOO! So we started another batch on Tuesday.

Ok, that's it for the updates.

Comments

  1. I'm so proud of your kombucha! I knew you could do it! =) No we just have to get all the other Cysters on board. =) <3 -Dr. B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the