Skip to main content

Spike Needs Sympathy... And I just need some crazy pills!

Wednesday:
This week is our 'Torture the Dog' week. Today he's at the puppy spa, getting a bath, nails trimmed and fur shaved. Tomorrow he loses his man-hood. Sometimes I'm glad that he can't understand English, because he'd be really pissed off if he knew what tomorrow was bringing.

As hubby and I were laying in bed at 3am, frustrated that neither of us were even remotely close to being tired, we decided we'd try to pull an all-nighter. That way, we'd go to sleep earlier tonight so we could be up early tomorrow to take Spike to the vet. Every once in a while we succeed, and get lots of stuff done. We went to the grocery store, grabbed breakfast at Whataburger, dyed my hair, and watched TV. I had planned on going into work earlier than normal, so I could leave earlier. Apparently I passed out on the couch around 6am. So much for staying up all night. Oh well. At least we got some stuff done.

I had an ulterior motive for staying up all night - I've really been aching for a manic episode lately, because I'm so tired of being depressed. I know that it's not a good idea at all to imduce a manic episode - and I DO NOT ADVISE IT. I will not recommend it for anyone. Manic episodes can lead to varying forms of self-harm, and it's not safe. With that being said, I did it anyway. My manic episodes usually lead to excess spending and spreading myself way too thin. Today I feel like I've been hit with the crazy stick, and have very little ability to stay focused on one task at a time. Since I got paid Monday, take a guess as to what I've been doing today...

Before I talk about it more - I need to clarify one thing. Most of the money I have spent today has been for good reasons.

Hubs took the dog to the groomer at Petsmart, and made the mistake of going to look at the other animals for sale. When I get home tonight, I'll get to meet the two newest additions to our crazy little zoo - two mice. One is white with a big brown spot over one eye. She has been named Coconut. The other is white with lots of black spots, like Spike. She is currently un-named. I'm leaning towards MooCow, but its not official yet. **UPDATE - her name is Dot, like the little girl in Animaniacs!**
Dot
Coconut

I paid my registration for the Power Up for PCOS 5K walk on Sept 29. Since I'm hosting, I kinda needed to pay it.... And I entered the Soul Cysters Weight Loss Challenge. Maybe a group challenge will motivate me to start losing weight again. I also found unpainted ceramic support ribbons that are the perfect size for magnets. I bought every single one they had (came out to about $1 a piece). I'll be painting them teal and selling them on the Power Up website to raise money! I'm also bidding on a set of 24 ceramic pumpkins for the Paint Your Pumpkin TEAL for PCOS event we are hosting next month.

I forked out $75 for a Groupon for the Concealed Handgun License class I have to take before I can get my CHL. That groupon covered both me and hubs, so sometime in the next year we both hope to be card-carrying badasses lol. (Without the groupon we would have spent at least $150)

I had to post before and after pics of the dog. Mainly for your entertainment - he looks so different, and when hubby sent me the pics, I almost died laughing. Before on left, after on right. I'll post better pics later.


Thursday:
Spike better be happy he got lucky... We set two alarms at 6:45 and 6:55 to get up early enough this morning to take him to his neutering appt. At 8:30, hubby wakes up, starts cussing about how we didn't hear the alarm. There was no way we could get him there by 9am, so we rescheduled. Spike got a temporary extension of man-hood lol. He's rescheduled for next Wednesday. Maybe this next time I won't stay up til 3am.

But since I was already up so early, I decided to go into work early. I have plans with hubs and Mom to paint at the studio tonight, so going in early means I have more time to paint. Still haven't figured out what project I'm going to start on. Hubs is already on his second, and I haven't even picked out my first lol. I feel so behind :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the