Skip to main content

September Goals and Blog Hop


It's already September? Good grief. That means that our 3 year wedding anniversary is next month. The PCOS 5K is this month. Christmas is around the corner.

August Goals:

  • Walk at least a mile twice a week (2.5+ laps around BBR pond) No. But West Nile has me eager to stay at home so I don't die. 
  • 3 days without red meat, pork or poultry  No. At least I'm doing vegetarian days every once in a while, even if they aren't in a row.
  • Start oil-pulling again  No. Seriously just not remembering to do it at all.
  • Rearrange dining room  No. But I have sent out invitations for a Halloween party already, so that should provide some motivation.
  • Attend a transcendental meditation info session - Did this! Applied for a scholarship because I can't afford the tuition on my own.
  • Listen to my Circle+Bloom mind-body meditation sessions 3+ times a week (after downloading them again)  No. I downloaded them. Listened once. Really need an mp3 player so I can listen in bed.
  • Complete and sell some of the crafts piling up in the bedroom. FAIL. No excuses, either.
  • Start doing yoga again so I'm ready for my free week of yoga at a studio in Sept. Did a full week, then stopped again. 
  • Convert local PCOS group to a Power Up for PCOS group! (My volunteer interview is this evening!!) DONE! First emPowerment meeting is next week :)
  • Test out the White Rock location for the Sept PCOS walk No, but I'm not viewing it as a failure, because I had legit reasons for cancelling the test walks. West Nile Virus. It's so bad this year that all of the DFW area is getting aerial spraying this year. 
  • Convert my old bakery blog into a recipe warehouse SORTA. Haven't added any recipes, but I took down the bakery stuff.


Carry over from August:

  • 3 days without red meat, pork or poultry - I just started a cleanse today that will have me off meat for 3 days, so I'm hoping for success.
  • Start oil-pulling again - gotta put notes up in the bathroom about this!
  • Rearrange dining room

September Goals:

  • Have a successful 5K PCOS Walk - Sept 29
  • Have the first PCOS emPowerment meeting in the area - Sept 12!
  • Start doing yoga again
  • Use my free week of yoga
  • Complete a one week system cleanse
  • Fix my sleep schedule so I can wake up by 9am every morning.
  • Get a membership to MassageEnvy


You know that pottery job I talked about last month? Well I got it. I start next week. I'm really looking forward to it. I need something to get me off the computer. I'm in front of the computer WAY TOO MUCH.  Funny thing about this job though - I told my grandfather that I got a second job. He's been nagging me about not working enough. I hadn't increased my days at my software job because I can't afford the gas needed to make the extra trips yet. It took several weeks for him to understand that. Then I tell him last night that I got the second job, and he complained. WTF? So I'm just going to ignore how he feels about it, because it's stupid to get griped at for working.

Since I got the new job, I'm having to modify my schedule a little. I'm not used to getting up before 10am, but training at the new job starts at 10am. I need to start coming in earlier than noon at my software job anyway - staying til 8pm is a little... well, rough. I just need to go to bed earlier. 

Guess that's all I have to say today. Join the link up with your goals!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the