Skip to main content

Day planner in the works...


I drive myself crazy with how often I decided I'm going to start making changes, then don't follow through. I HAVE TO MAKE SOME SORT OF CHANGE. I told hubby last night that part of my problem was him. Things are different when you are married. You don't just live your life for yourself, you live your life for your spouse, too. If I was living alone, all the household responsibilities would be up to me. However, as I am the one working and hubby is the one at home, he has the responsibility of helping out around the house. Things such as: I cook, he does dishes. I'm not expecting any more out of him than he would expect out of me if the roles were reversed. I am right in my thinking so far, yes?

Now I clarified that I was not specifically blaming him for my previous failures. I know that a lot (80%+) of my failure is my own damn fault. But being depressed and going home to a ton of things that need to be done is not helpful. AT ALL. When I know I need to make healthy meals, but there are no clean dishes, I get frustrated. When I finally want to tackle a project I've been talking about for months, then get told it will take a lot of work, I get frustrated. When I have to treat my husband like a child to get something done, I get frustrated.

So after I told him my feelings, I told him that I wasn't mad at him or upset with him. I said I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I also told him I felt he needed to hear my reasonings, and that we needed to keep an open line of communication so we can get past this. It was a good talk.

I said all that to say this - I am going to create a custom day planner, and schedule my days down to the minute. I think if I force myself to follow a strict schedule for a while, the habits will be formed and things can start getting better. The day planner will include several sections - food tracking, symptom tracking, activity logs, goal sheets, etc. I will monitor everything that goes on with my body. I have to learn my pain and emotional triggers so that I can avoid them. I have to learn about myself. I have to change my life.

And this schedule will be available for the hubby to see, so he can help me. He doesn't like forcing me to do something I don't want to do. It's not in his nature. But things have to change, and he's got to help me if I'm going to succeed. He is my only true supporter - mentally stable enough to help me when I'm feeling crazy. Although my family are somewhat supportive of my need to change my life, they aren't really helpful. My mom's got just as many mental problems as I do, and depressed people cannot help each other. We bring each other down more than we lift each other up. I can't count on her to go exercise with me. My sister lives on the other side of the metroplex, and sadly we don't have the close relationship we once did. Honestly I don't know that she truly understands the issues, and if she did, I don't know how well she can help me living so far away. And I don't have friends, either. When I can go weeks without a text or phone call from anyone other than my husband and my mother, it's obvious that I don't have close friends. I don't know why no one talks to me anymore - and I've got so many problems now that getting new friends is freakin' hard. No one wants to become new friends with a crazy person with severe baggage. I've also tried using my online support system, but they can't drag me out of bed to do something.

Anyways, I'm trying really hard to figure out how to make this change work. I'm starting the Soul Cyster Weight Loss Challenge again, Oct 1. I can't be successful with that if I don't make some life changes.

When I finish up the different pages/sections in my planner, I'll post them, in case it could help someone else.

Comments

  1. Way to start thinking positively. I know that I often get OVERWHELEMED when I try to make too many changes at once. Maybe you start the first week by filling out all the symptoms you have. Then the second week you do food if the first week went well...and so on!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the