Skip to main content

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up!

This Sunday is Father's Day. Just like Mother's Day, this is a rough day for us. Every year Hubs hopes that we'll have a baby by the next Father's Day. This will make the 4th FD since we started dating - and yes, we did start TTCing before we got married. You know that feeling you get when you know something is perfect? Yeah, we knew. Anyways, This song fits my vision of Hubs as a dad to a tee. One day, he'll be a dad. I'll make sure of it. I just can't guarantee when. Here's Gary Allan with Tough Little Boys



As for my dad, our relationship has been tumultuous to say the least. The year my sister and I started school was also the year that my parents' relationship started going to sh*t. He missed pretty much anything I did in school until I moved in with him in 7th grade. While I lived with him, he attended all our school events. When I moved out at the end of 9th grade to live with my mom again, he told me I wasn't allowed to ever move back in. I'm still trying to work on our relationship, because it's been pretty rough since then. Not every dad is like Gary Allan describes, and I understand that. I just miss how my dad used to be. I can think of a number of reasons that have caused him to change, and most of them aren't nice, so I'll keep my mouth shut. But whether he's the greatest dad in the world or not, he's my dad, and I love him. (And he's not a deadbeat like my hubby's dad, so it's all good) And in honor of my Dad on FD, I offer you Queen. Not just any Queen song, though - this one he used to play for me and my mom when I was younger. Here's Fat Bottomed Girls



Happy Father's Day! If you want to join in on the link-up fun, head over to Goodnight Moon's page!

Comments

  1. LOVE, LOVE Fat Bottom Girls-haha I also love Gary Allan since I am the mom of four boys-it really hits home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the