Skip to main content

Today is a new day :)

It may seem like I am jumping on the "blogging bandwagon", and I can completely understand that assumption. I don't plan on boring people with details of my everyday life, though. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out what to tell you about my life, and then it hit me. What's the point?

Instead, I want to help people. I want to post something different everyday that can do something for you. Here's the plan:

Media Mondays - I love to read the news. I also like to express my opinions. On Mondays, I'll pick a topic in the media, and write about my opinions. I know, this might not sound like I'm helping you with this one, but I tend to have eclectic views. I just might agree with a view of yours that you think no one else agrees with. Or maybe you need someone to vent to, and you don't like my views. Feel free to use our opposing views to relieve some stress. :)


Tasty Tuesdays - As a Homemade Gourmet consultant, I try to help you save money on dinners while bringing your family closer. I absolutely love the food I make with HMG, and I want to share it with you. So on Tuesdays, I'll post a new recipe I tried, along with a breakdown of the cost. I'll also have a special price on the HMG item I used, that will be good for a full week. If I post a recipe that used our Italian Mozarella Meatloaf Mix, the special price might be 4.50 for the mix instead of the typical 5.50.

Wind Down Wednesdays - I know how stressful the middle of the week can be. And just like my favorite restaurant, Johnny Carino's, has Wine Down Wednesdays, this day is dedicated to relaxing, even if for just a few minutes. I'll post some easy relaxation tip or some music to make your week a little brighter.

Thrifty Thursdays - I'm cheap. So I'll make sure you know about any really great deals I found. They could be from the grocery stores, coupons online, sales, discounts, etc.

Fabulously Free Fridays - I'll find great free activities for you do to by yourself, with that special someone, with the kids, with the girls, with the guys, you know what I mean. If it's fun, fabulous and oh so free, it'll be here. Please keep in mind, though, that I am in DFW, so this will almost always be something in the DFW area. If I find out about something else that I just have to tell you about and it's not located near DFW, I'll give you as much time as possible to plan a weekend trip. I'll add extra, cheap stuff to do, awesome hotels, etc. as well.

Woohoo It's the Weekend! - This will be my random post. I won't know what I'll post about until I log in. This could be the most interesting post of the week, so don't miss it! I know, though, that I will end the post with something to start your next work week out on a good note!

I can't wait to get started, and I hope you are as excited as I am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the