Skip to main content

Media Monday - on Wednesday :)

So I'm already off to a bad start, and I apologize. I'll be posting 3 times today, to catch up to where I should be.

I love the Odd News section on Yahoo. There's not a day that goes by when I don't laugh at at least 1 article. So I'm going to bring them to you.

Farmers issue warning after fatal cow attacks

Fatal Cow Attacks? I have never seen a vicious cow. In fact, I don't think I've even seen one run. So being attacked by a cow? Seriously? Ha. I could crawl and still outrun it. But apparently, there are killer cows. It all has to do with people walking their dogs. 4 people have died in the last 2 months in England because cows have tried attacking their dog, and got the person instead. The suggestion? Stop walking your dog in a field of cows!!!
http://tinyurl.com/kjcsl7

Woman sues zoo over splashing dolphins

What's your favorite thing about Sea World? For me, it's the dolphins. I love to see the dolphin shows, and I think it's hilarious to watch the little kids sitting up front to get splashed with water and freak out. But getting wet at a dolphin show is to be expected, right? Well, this chick in Chicago decided that it wasn't. She is suing a zoo because they "failed to warn people about slippery floors around the dolphin enclosure". She also accused the zoo of allowing dolphin trainers to purposely create an unsafe environment with the splashing. She apparently slipped and is now suing for $50,000. Here's a safe assumption: If you are going to be anywhere near a 100,000 gallon tank of water, it's probably going to be wet. Watch where you walk.
http://tinyurl.com/mqv5ad

New park offers X-rated views of NYC hotel guests

When I'm in a hotel, I am always very careful to keep my curtains shut. I don't want to take any chance of giving people a free show. I figured most other people were the same way. In New York, not so much. A Manhattan hotel, The Standard, features floor to ceiling windows. Too cool to me, unless I have been drinking and I'm a little wobbly. Wouldn't want to fall through them. But anyways, right across the street is a new park, called High Line. It was built on top of an abandoned elevated rail line, so it offers a better view of the hotel. But better isn't such a great thing. People aren't closing their blinds before they start dancing around naked. But it gets funnier. I checked out the website for the hotel, and it has a live webcam. The park isn't the only place to get a free show! Ha!
http://tinyurl.com/npp3vx
http://www.standardhotels.com/new-york-city/


Hope you got to laugh today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the