Skip to main content

What's Your Song Thursdays!

I missed this last week, and although I've only participated for a few weeks, I felt really bad that I didn't get to. Lately I've been trying to find songs that fit into my category of I'm strong, and I'm not going to give up. There are a lot out there, but finding ones that are a little more vague is a difficult task. I'm not dealing with a breakup, so the songs about being storng after breakups don't work. I need songs about having to fight a life-long battle, fighting for what you believe in, fighting for what you want. This one fits :) The enemy: PCOS and infertility. I will be invincible. I may lose a few battles, but damnit I'm going to win the war! Then everyone will have to go into hiding, because between me, the hubby and our friends, we will have evil little children. We already lovingly refer to them as our future demon spawn lol :)

Without further ado, here's Pat Benetar with Invincible



Don't forget to head over to Goodnight Moon and Link up if you want to join us!

Comments

  1. It's okay that you missed last week. Blogger was being stupid anyways. I just appreciate you coming back and linking up again! I love how strong you are! Thanks for linking up this song this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat Benetar = my biggest idol! If I grew up in the 80s you better believe I would look just like her. LOVE her!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I hear this song I think of the movie Legend of Billie Jean. One of my fav 80's movies. I Love Pat Benetar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I love Pat Benetar as well. I knew the words to 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' before I was 10. It was on one of my dad's variety cd's, and I drove him nuts wanting to sing it all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....