Skip to main content

May Goals: 2016 Edition

Work:
- Continue working 6+ hours a day - YEP
- Host a Norwex party - Nope, because the hostess keeps forgetting to call people.
- Help my first consultant  get started - No.

Health:
- Work out at least twice a week. - Nope.
- Be consistent with my supplements. - Yes! Now I just need to reorder the important ones that I have run out of.
- Meal prep on weekends so I have food when I don't want to cook - I've done this once, which is so much better than not at all. It was nice to have meals finished for several days.

School:
- Start and finish my Mobile App Development course - Just need to take the exam, which I might not have the cash to pay for.
- Work with Hubs to set a schedule to finish another course together - Nope. Hubs isn't really interested in taking any of the courses that I have paid for, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

PCOS Group:
- Plan April's Dallas event and post details in the group - Yes.
- Plan May's Ft Worth event - Yep.
- Get some FB/Twitter posts scheduled - No.

Personal/Home:
- Cut back on my tv show hours - Yes
- Play more games with Hubs - Yes
- Work on Spike's leash training - Ehhhh not really
- Get our sleeping schedule fixed so I can get up earlier in the AM - Not really, but I am getting to work an hour earlier, so that's a start.
- Clean the apartment - Mostly
- Plant some flowers/veggies/herbs and don't let them die - No
- Proofread a new novel from another aspiring writer friend! - Started! Haven't finished yet though
- Start writing/journalling in the evenings before bed, so I have a written list of the things I accomplished. - I've been doing this consistently for a little over a week. I'm really just writing down what I felt to be good things that happened, and ignoring the bad unless it's important, like physically being incapable of doing something simple. 
- File taxes. - They've been dealt with.


All in all, I think I killed April. Most of the incomplete goals had nothing to do with a lack of effort on my part. I had some good things happen, like a friend asking me to teach him how to cook vegan dishes, lost some weight without really trying, mastered the process of making kombucha... So it's on to May!

Work:
- Keep up the 6+ hour days
- Host a Norwex party
- Finish up a freelance web design job I picked up

Health:
- GET BACK TO YOGA.
- Re-order the supplements I'm out of
- Keep meal prepping

Personal/Home:
- Get office and spare bathroom cleaned up/organized for visiting family
- Go to 2 rock concerts!
- Keep writing in my happiness journal
- Work an pet adoption event
- Keep reading my friend's novel
- Read the books I checked out from the library

I was so stressed/busy in April that I decided May needed to be a breather month. I'm not stressing about classes (although I have several I still need to take). This month it's all about money and happiness.

The Monthly Goals Link-Up

Comments

  1. I've noticed a few people have listed meal planning as part of their goals and I have to admit it's one of mine too! Hopefully we can all figure out something that works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the