Skip to main content

January Goals 2016 Edition

I didn't get the results I had hoped for, but I didn't really try so I can't expect miracles.

December:
- Finish at least 2-4 more modules in my Dyslexia Therapist course - Well.... I finished 2 more on Jan 3, and it was before I started my goal list for January, so that counts, right? I'm going to say yes.
- Yoga! - Ugh no.
- Finish wrapping all gifts - Yup
- Finish my Christmas card to a special couple - No. But I am sending her a late Christmas present, so I'll send the late card at the same time.
- Visit Hubs' grandmother a few hours away - Nope, we're doing that soon, after one of the board games that Hubs wants to take with us finally shows up in the mail!
- Finish at least 1 week on the McDougall Plan - I did. I'm a little iffy, and still trying to find something that works for me. But it has been very beneficial for me, because I have learned how to drastically reduce how much oil I use in cooking.
- Sit down with Hubs and get our 2016 Plan written - We figured out our ridiculous monthly budget. That's better than nothing. Plus, he doesn't really understand or see he point in trying to set goals for the future like I do, because he's content with whatever happens, as long as we are together. Totally romantic, not so practical.
- Sell some unneeded stuff in the house/storage, like the extra desk and washing machine. - I got pictures ready to post, and some stuff sorted and ready to go, but no actual sales yet.

Obviously December didn't go fabulously, but it was a rough month and we managed to come out the other side without owing any family member extra money. I had to buy exgtra Secret Santa gifts because people in the one I was running decided to flake. The bank closed my credit card without informing me. BUT. I cleaned my entire kitchen and have kept it clean for several weeks - that's a BIG deal. I helped friends across the country, I brought smiles to peoples' faces, and the money issue resolved itself. 2015 ended without major freaking out, and I feel, with the right effort and planning, 2016 will go much better. Here are this month's goals. 

January:
- Finish my Dyslexia Therapist Course (6 more modules to go)
- Start and finish my Personal Nutrition diploma
- Pay for my Chemistry and Nutrition course to start in Feb
- Have a couple over for dinner. (I'm cheating with this goal because I already have the night scheduled.)
- Go out in public with a crowd (Cheating on this one as well, because I bought tickets for the event over a month ago)
- YOGA YOGA YOGA. I have 6 classes already paid for, I just have to go!
- Get my 2016 plan finished, with or without Hubs.
- Sell some extra stuff in my continuing effort to clean the house.

JOIN THE MONTHLY GOAL LINKY! It'll give you some accountability, and reinforcement from friends! Clink the pic :)

The goals=


Comments

  1. I watch youtube videos and do yoga in my living room. It helps cause I get embarrassed easily. May try both the classes and at-home workouts and see which one you like best? I love yoga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of DVDs, but it's hard to practice when my husband and dog won't leave me alone. I like the classes because I get help if I need it. I thought I would be embarrassed, but honestly, everyone is so focused on themselves that no one except the instructor is paying attention to you. I LOVE the classes.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I need to get back into yoga. I really do love it so much.

    Good luck with finishing those modules!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the