Skip to main content

Surprise!

Surprise! I felt like it was time for a new blog design! Since this has become less like a PCOS/food blog and more like a personal one, I wanted to change it up! The trick was finding something I liked that really fit me. That's always been difficult - making sure the the design really reflected who I am, not who I want to be. To decide, I had to figure out who I am and what I'm about before I could find something. So who am I?

This has been a very thought-provoking question. I'm happily married 20-something redhead, with a zoo full of pets at home to keep me company. I love my dog, and can't wait to get another one. I love my birds, and will always have them - my home is never quiet and I love it. We are infertile, but fighting to roll with the punches and learn that if it happens, it happens. I'm a software programmer, so I'm a geek. I enjoy playing video games with Hubs and reading books. I love being an Aunt to all my nieces (and some new nephews!). I enjoy getting my hands dirty in my garden when I'm feeling up to it. I love food and cooking. I get excited when I find something in polka dots, argyle, plaid, damask or bubbles. I am attempting to make major life changes without stressing over them too much. I can't wait to have a home in the country, with goats and chickens! I could spend hours watching marine life at an aquarium. I LOVE FROGS AND FAERIES. Probably way tooo much. I have tons of them at home. My favorite colors are hot pink, teal and black. I like to be creative and unusual, even if it doesn't always work out right. I'm so happy to have been able to study different religions, because it allowed me to find myself spiritually. I'm a little crazy, and a little broken, but that's alright with me. It's a forever part of me. I repeat random movie quotes with friends and family - silly ones from movies like Evolution and Despicable Me. I enjoy yoga but don't do it often enough. We were married on our favorite holiday, Halloween! I love lilies, tulips, Gerbera daisies and daffodils. I could spend hours on word and math puzzles. I could spend all night watching the stars with Hubs. We can't wait to get out in the country so we can stargaze without light distortion.

I think changing your blog design is like changing your myspace page. Except it's slightly more stressful. After plenty of research and thought, and a little input from Hubs, My blog has been redesigned. I love it - it's a little girly, but maybe I have plans to become a little more girly in the future :) What do you think of the new look?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the