Skip to main content

No, I didn't want to do anything this weekend...

By no means did this weekend go as planned. We were supposed to take our first trip out to Springtown to finally see the town we've already decided to move to, sight unseen. We were really looking forward to it, until 8am Saturday morning, when my body decided that I shouldn't even have stomach acid in my stomach.

We apparently ate some bad food, and had HORRIBLE food poisoning. I've had it before where I just can't keep anything down, but this was another whole level of hell. Did you know that severe food poisoning can include fever and muscle spasms? Couple that with my pre-existing conditions, and I was in agony all freakin' day. When I wasn't in the bathroom, I was staring at the ceiling in tears begging to sleep through it. Hubs got lucky and slept all day. But not me. I wasn't able to finally get a painkiller to stay down until 7pm. Between 7 and midnight I took 3 brands of pain killers, three anti-nausea meds and a sleeping pill before I was finally able to sleep. I wish I could have taken the sleeping pill much earlier, but I didn't want to waste it like I had been with some of the other anti-nausea meds I'd attempted to take earlier in the day.

When you are in that much pain, it's hard not to think about what it could mean for the future. I truly hope that the worst of the pain can be attributed to food poisoning, because otherwise I'm screwed. I should probably start looking for a pain management doc, since I'll very likely need one in the future. My rheumy already told me that he has put me on the highest dosage of a non-narcotic pain med without the necessity for frequent liver and kidney labs. If my pain continues to get worse in the future, I'll need the new doc. Now to find one that won't think a 26yr old with rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and bipolar disorder isn't just a drug addict looking for a fix. I don't want to rely on things like vicodin, morphine or fentanyl to function. I don't want to live like that. At multiple points during the day I was also begging to lose my desire to be a parent, because I don't know how I could possibly take care of a child and risk days of pain like this.

I'm not supposed to feel like this. I could go on to rant and rave about how it's not fair, but it would be a waste of my time. I already know it's not fair, and I already know I can't change life. This was my attempt to find humor in the situation on facebook:

Me: "Dear life, where do we complain about defective parts? I need a new, functioning body, fast. Don't I have a warranty or something?"

Life: "Dear Lynne - we're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your product. Unfortunately you only had a 25 year warranty, and it expired on your 26th birthday last week. If you need Dr referrals, don't ask us. Thank you for being such a valued customer. Sincerely, Life"

But today is the start of a new week. I made it to work early so I can put in some decent hours, we have plans to go to Speedzone to celebrate our birthdays, and we're going to check out the Texas Indian Market this weekend! Hopefully we won't have anymore unexpected illnesses. For at least a month and a half. I've got too much packing and moving to do, and I'm running out of weekends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the