Skip to main content

It's that time of year... for doctors' appointments!

I had my bi-annual rheumatologist appt today. I have been waiting for it so I could inform the doc about how the meds I'm on were useless. Well, not completely useless. But the pain meds were just taking the edge off, making life barely tolerable. I didn't call and tell him about it a few months ago, because I really don't want to look like a drug addict. I know that I already look that way when the pills bounce around in my purse.

The conclusion is to increase the dosage of the pain killers I'm on. If that doesn't work, I'm headed to a pain management specialist that will just make my life more difficult, with strict limits, monthly appts, etc. He also wants me to workout. I know I need to, but I haven't done it. In order to have a little more energy so I can work out, he wants me to take Synthroid. I'm a little hesitant to start it, because I've heard that once you start it, you can't really go off of it. But I've also heard from friends that they've stopped needing it after they lost a decent amt of weight. So weight is what I need to focus on. Duh. I'm thinking that I could maybe try the synthroid for a couple of months, since it's such a low dosage, and see how it goes. If I don't like what it does (or doesn't) do, I'll talk to Doc to make another change.

On another Dr note... I was supposed to meet with my psychiatrist last week. Then the atmosphere decided we needed a few days of ice. Doc closed his office and cancelled 2 days of appts. I called to reschedule and I can't get in until New Years Eve. Thank goodness I didn't need any med refills, since I have to wait that long. I feel really bad for anyone that was cancelled that really needed meds.

On the bright side, the Victoria's Secret fashion show is tonight. I watch it every year. A few years ago they had this amazing set of wings covered in butterflies that I wanted to reach through the tv and steal. I can't wait to see all the wings tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....