Skip to main content

Sometimes dreams are weird...

This morning I couldn't remember what I had dreamed about last night, but it just hit me. And now that I remember, I wanted to write it down before I forgot. And maybe I want to analyze it, because it was a little weird. Not a nightmare, but weird. (And this was not the first time I had it...)

Hubs and I went to a gym. It was beautiful, bright sunlight through the windows, tons of equipment, a second floor with classes and a lounge. It had rows and rows on equipment. Compared to a real-life building, I felt it was about the size of the main floor of the Fort Worth Convention Center (I spent many summers there as a kid, which is why I remember that reference.) I spent the time cycling. The guy assisting us with getting our membership set up was the same in this one as the last. I couldn't find any paperwork to tell me how much it cost to be there. He said that it only cost money if we came before 5pm. But it was after 5, so no charge. It wasn't until this point that my dream self had deja vu, realizing I'd been to this place before. And like the first time, there were only a handful of people in the entire building. So I decide to go cycling again. When I first had this dream, it was just Hubs and I. But this time, while I was cycling, a baby started crying. I looked over to realize it was my child, in Hubs' lap. I motioned for him to come closer, and I decided I would try to work out while holding her. I was just moving my legs anyway - it was one of those cycles that has a chair to lean back in. The trainer thought it was humorous that I was holding her and working out.

That's all I remember. It was just a weird dream to have. Like I said, it wasn't a nightmare. I didn't wake up in a cold sweat, or kick and scream, or even wake up at all. I've always been interested in things like dream interpretation, especially since dreams are supposed to the brain's way of sorting out issues and solving problems.

The quick interpretation that came to me is that my dream self is ignoring what other people think of me in order to get my health more in order. That it could potentially lead to a baby and I'll continue to keep my health in order for her. Of course I could be looking at it way too literally - because some dreams are just like that.

Here's some of the info I got from www.dreammoods.com - Dream Dictionary. (And I guess my interpretation is fairly accurate.)
Baby: To dream of a crying baby symbolizes a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life.

Exercise: To dream that you are exercising signifies your worries about your health. You may be concerned about fitting into society's ideals of beauty. Or you just need to get up and exercise more! Alternatively, the dream may also indicate that you need to "exercise" your rights and  power in some situation.

Gym: To dream that you are in a gymnasium indicates that you need to apply what you learned and incorporate it into your daily life. Alternatively, the gym may be telling you that you need to get more exercise.

Room: To dream that you are in an empty white room indicates a fresh start. It is like a blank canvas where you want to start life anew. Alternatively, the dream means that you are trying to isolate yourself. You do not want any outside influences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the