Skip to main content

Spike has a girlfriend...

This weekend was nice. It was the first weekend since my paycheck has been big enough to handle more than just the bills. So to celebrate, we went to a movie with a friend. We haven't seen a movie in a theatre since Expendables 2 came out last August. We chose Furious 6 - we love the entire series, and they are so much better on the big screen :)

When we got home, a few of our neighbors were outside. One of them has a beautiful dog named Bella. She is Spike's girlfriend. One several occasions this week, he has gotten into a lot of trouble because of Bella. He's been darting out the door when he sees her. To deal with this, we put the gate back up. Now he has to be let out of the gate to see her. Anyway, we let Spike out to play with her while we spent some time with the neighbors. I used to be really worried about letting him out without a leash - fearful that he'd run off and we wouldn't be able to catch him. But as long as his girlfriend is outside, he roams the entire courtyard, but doesn't go anywhere else. He doesn't even fight us when we tell him it's time to go home. Yay!

In other awesome news, my niece is finally here! She only decided to be two weeks late, but that's ok. She decided to be her mother's birthday present :) She's absolutely adorable and I'm so excited she's here.

I stopped at Half Price Books, because my collection of unread Dean Koontz books is rapidly shrinking. I found 6 more on clearance for $2 a piece, and several were hardback copies! I'm a little addicting to Koontz - I'd say I have close to 4 dozen of his books. Since he's been publishing since 1969, I've got a long ways to go before I own them all.

That was my weekend. How about yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....