Skip to main content

Today is a new day :)

It may seem like I am jumping on the "blogging bandwagon", and I can completely understand that assumption. I don't plan on boring people with details of my everyday life, though. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out what to tell you about my life, and then it hit me. What's the point?

Instead, I want to help people. I want to post something different everyday that can do something for you. Here's the plan:

Media Mondays - I love to read the news. I also like to express my opinions. On Mondays, I'll pick a topic in the media, and write about my opinions. I know, this might not sound like I'm helping you with this one, but I tend to have eclectic views. I just might agree with a view of yours that you think no one else agrees with. Or maybe you need someone to vent to, and you don't like my views. Feel free to use our opposing views to relieve some stress. :)


Tasty Tuesdays - As a Homemade Gourmet consultant, I try to help you save money on dinners while bringing your family closer. I absolutely love the food I make with HMG, and I want to share it with you. So on Tuesdays, I'll post a new recipe I tried, along with a breakdown of the cost. I'll also have a special price on the HMG item I used, that will be good for a full week. If I post a recipe that used our Italian Mozarella Meatloaf Mix, the special price might be 4.50 for the mix instead of the typical 5.50.

Wind Down Wednesdays - I know how stressful the middle of the week can be. And just like my favorite restaurant, Johnny Carino's, has Wine Down Wednesdays, this day is dedicated to relaxing, even if for just a few minutes. I'll post some easy relaxation tip or some music to make your week a little brighter.

Thrifty Thursdays - I'm cheap. So I'll make sure you know about any really great deals I found. They could be from the grocery stores, coupons online, sales, discounts, etc.

Fabulously Free Fridays - I'll find great free activities for you do to by yourself, with that special someone, with the kids, with the girls, with the guys, you know what I mean. If it's fun, fabulous and oh so free, it'll be here. Please keep in mind, though, that I am in DFW, so this will almost always be something in the DFW area. If I find out about something else that I just have to tell you about and it's not located near DFW, I'll give you as much time as possible to plan a weekend trip. I'll add extra, cheap stuff to do, awesome hotels, etc. as well.

Woohoo It's the Weekend! - This will be my random post. I won't know what I'll post about until I log in. This could be the most interesting post of the week, so don't miss it! I know, though, that I will end the post with something to start your next work week out on a good note!

I can't wait to get started, and I hope you are as excited as I am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....