Skip to main content

Super Late June 2016 Goals

It's halfway into June and I realized that I never did my monthly goal post. Better late than never! Seeing as how I have missed half of the month already, it'll probably be a shorter list.

Here was May's list:
Work:
- Keep up the 6+ hour days - mostly
- Host a Norwex party - nope
- Finish up a freelance web design job I picked up -no, had to wait for client. 

Health:
- GET BACK TO YOGA. - no. 
- Re-order the supplements I'm out of - Most of them
- Keep meal prepping - yep! I did pretty good last month

Personal/Home:
- Get office and spare bathroom cleaned up/organized for visiting family - YES! Even though that family never showed up.
- Go to 2 rock concerts! - YES! There was some crap surrounding one that caused some major emotional issues for Hubs and I, but we've changed our perspectives and moved on.
- Keep writing in my happiness journal - I stopped midway through the month and need to start again.
- Work an pet adoption event - No, it got cancelled. But there's always June!!!
- Keep reading my friend's novel - Haven't read much of it, need to read more!
- Read the books I checked out from the library - Yep!

So Hubs and I are pretty addicted to the library again. They have started offering adult board games, like Legendary, Pandemic, and Eldritch Horror. It's saving us money to rent them, and we can decide if we really like them before forking out the cash. We make sure to tell the librarians how awesome this new program is so they'll keep it going, and maybe even buy more games.

I have pretty much given up on attempting to sell Norwex. I'm just not good at the follow through I need, and I don't know anyone lol. I have a couple of people that have ordered, so I've helped some people, just not enough to try and keep it going as a business.

--

I decided at the beginning of June that I was ready to go back on an anti-depressant. When I went off of them last year, things in my life were fabulous. Since then, I have had some more health issues, lost a very important person (moved, not death), had major financial burdens pop up, and overall felt pretty crappy about my life and situation. I know that there's a lot I can do to make myself feel better, but I believe that if I have the meds helping my head a little bit, I can help myself even more.

June:
Work:
- Keep up the 6 hour days
- Work on/finish the freelance web design job now that the client has made some decisions

Health: 
- GET BACK TO YOGA. (This will be on my list until I succeed)
- Continue meal/batch prepping
- Keep taking my meds.
- Do the Walk of Hope
- Do better at staying off oil

Personal/Home:
- Clean my kitchen from top to bottom
- Clean the living room, more particularly the zoo area, from top to bottom
- Work another pet adoption event (that'll make 2 for the month!)
- Have fun with my niece when she comes to visit!
- Start working on next month's surprise :)
- Finish reading the self-help books I rented from the library

I CAN DO THIS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!