Skip to main content

Another Month, Another List of Goals - Feb 2016 Edition

It's February! Damn. January went by really fast, and Feb will likely go faster, even if it has an extra day this year! So how did January go? Not half bad. I got a lot accomplished, even though they might not have been on the goal list. I didn't spend a ridiculous amount of money. I took Hubs to Mellow Mushroom so he would quit nagging me. I got a FitBit! My support group had the 2nd annual clothing swap and that went well too!

The fitbit story is great. I've wanted one for a while, but haven't been ready to fork out the money for what I felt was an overpriced pedometer. But surfing the facebook garage sale groups can prove beneficial. I managed to score 2 fitbits, with chargers and bands for $40. Yeah, I made sure to type that right. Other people wanted it before me, but when you have a husband that doesn't work, you can make him do things immediately that other people have to wait until after work to do. So when I told the seller that I could have the cash in her hand in less than 30 minutes, I won :P Hubs loves his. He thinks it's so cool to see how many steps he takes. He has started doing more physical activity just so his numbers will go up. I like it for the sleep tracking. It's interesting to see how bad I sleep in digital form. Hubs has always told me I toss and turn all night, but to actually see that the FitBit agrees is surprising. Anyways - I like this thing. So go me!

January:
- Finish my Dyslexia Therapist Course (6 more modules to go) - YES YES YES!!! And I've already been helping people.
- Start and finish my Personal Nutrition diploma - My final exam is this week! 
- Pay for my Chemistry and Nutrition course to start in Feb - No. I paid for two other, unrelated courses instead.
- Have a couple over for dinner. - They cancelled on me :( But that's ok. I tried.
- Go out in public with a crowd - We went to the adult-only Social Science party at Perot Museum. It was pretty fun! We had some issues, mainly because taking my mom and husband somewhere like this together just doesn't work so well. But that's ok.
- YOGA YOGA YOGA. I have 6 classes already paid for, I just have to go! - I wasted one of my paid classes by forgetting to cancel my reservation. I still have not gone.
- Get my 2016 plan finished, with or without Hubs. - Sorta. I have a pretty hefty list of things I want to accomplish in my personal, work and non-profit lives.
- Sell some extra stuff in my continuing effort to clean the house. - Haven't sold anything, but did get rid of a ton of clothing! And I was given some more to donate last night.

What's the plan for February? Well, I started to DietBet.com challenges, so I have to make losing weight a focus this month. I have to lose at least 9.7 pounds to win. That's not too bad, and I can do it if I put my mind to it. The rest of the list isn't hard to do if I actually try.

February: 
- Complete my Personal Nutrition final
- Start and finish the Interior Design course so I can decorate an entire house in March
- Proofread a friend's new novel
- Set up some SMART goals and achieve them! I need to add more veggies in my diet, and add more physical activity!
- Do something fun for Valentine's
- Get the February newsletter out fast.
- Start the Couch to 5K program
- Get some more junk out of the house
- Put in at least 6 hour days every day at work
- Finish up the novel I've been reading for months
- Cut back on the amount of tv I watch
- Work on Spike's leash training (or lack thereof lol)
- Do something cool for my sister's level-up day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the