Skip to main content

Weekends aren't supposed to be exhausting. That's what we have weekdays for.

This weekend was... eventful. I was sick and in bed til 6 pm on Sat. Got a call that my grandparents were selling my car - which meant that they cleaned it out. My grandfather has a tendency to just trash stuff without any regard to what it could be (just last week he recycled an entire box of important paperwork and MONEY of Mom's...) I had to scramble to get dressed and make sure that he wasn't selling my car for 20 bucks. Someone has been knocking on my grandparent's door every few days saying they want to buy it. I knew that if they kept coming back it was because no one would tell them what was wrong with it. Anyways, I get there Sat, wait for Mom to call the people, only to find out they wouldn't come til Sunday morning. So Sunday morning I drag myself out of bed, get to my grandparents house, and wait for the people. They get there, and after 30 min of looking at the car they decide it's not worth the money to fix. DUH. If it was, I would have fixed it!!! A new engine, or even a refurbished one, is too expensive for the car when I can go get a newer one for the same price.

The fun part of the weekend was playing with my new phone, because I finally got a smartphone. Hubs decided after playing with mine that he wanted the same one. We ordered his, as well as some awesome cases. Mine has polka dots, and it's a set of 4 so I can change them depending on my mood lol. I also worked in the yard, getting a small stone path and lots of pansies planted. Spike likes the path, it's just his size :)

This week I'm starting a new dinner plan. I've got tons of produce due to upgrading my share size from Urban Acres, and I really don't want them to go to waste. I've got lots of new recipes to try out, and I made sure they won't require a ton of prep, since I really can't handle that. The box came loaded with green beans, black eyes peas, tatsoi, sweet potatoes and lettuce, among others. And the asparagus was super cheap at the grocery store, so I got 3 bundles. We'll be eating a lot of veggies for the next week or two. I'm getting back on track now that I have a smartphone and can use apps. (I think I should look for a recipe one while I'm at it...) Dinner tonight is going to be quinoa with asparagus cream sauce and a salad. Yummy!

 I need someone to help me clean and organize my kitchen so I can make life easier. Eventually it'll get done. I did reorganize my freezer and put in wire shelves. Hubs opened it after I rearranged and he didn't have words. He was shocked when he opened it. It was hilarious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the