Skip to main content

Soul mate :)

I've only written this post a million times, but my computer keeps crashing, and since I write it all in notepad, I lose it. But every time I write it, it comes out a little different.

I want to write about soul mates. I know that may seem a little cheesy, but it's my blog, so I can write about whatever I want :)

When I got married the first time, I didn't really know what I was in for. We had lived together for a little while, and it had worked, so I assumed that it would stay that way. But we hadn't gone through too many issues yet. We hadn't lived on our own with no money. When we got married, I had this great little apartment, and he had a good job. But we decided to move back to Texas so he could spend time with his son. And from there, things went haywire. He lost a job because he stole money, had his child taken away because he refused to help with housework or potty-train the dog. After 1.5 years married, I realized that things weren't going to change, I wasn't truly in love with him, and I needed to get out before I got pregnant and was stuck with him for 18 years. I know that sounds bad for me to say, but it really was the right choice for both of us.

So along came husband #2. Although we have lived together essentially from the day we got together, I waited 2 years before marrying him. I needed to be sure that things were going to work out. Those two years living together were like a trial marriage. And although we had our issues, Halloween 2009 made it official. I knew that he was the 'One'. I've never been so truly comfortable with anyone else. But it wasn't until just a couple of weeks ago that I realized he as my soul mate. We were sitting in bed, playing with our dog, and it just sort of hit me. I can't really describe it. It was just like a light switch had been turned on. Or maybe a big flashing billboard over his head that said 'Soul Mate!' For 5.5 years, we have been through very difficult things, from health problems to job loss, and he's still by my side. He could have left when my body started falling apart. He could have left me when I was out of work. Instead, he started helping me even more - bringing me food/drink so I didn't have to get up when I was in pain. He makes sure I take all of my medications. He even cooks for me, albeit he uses the microwave. And he is my life-long built-in entertainment :) I can be horribly depressed, and he can still make me laugh. It's his goal, too. He has put up with me through good times and bad times. He supports me in anything I want to do. He drives me to and from work. He helps me raise awareness for PCOS. Oddly enough, he has been really good about getting random women to talk about their cycles, and helping them find Power Up for PCOS. I never thought that real love would be like this.

I don't really think I have provided any useful information for others on their hunt to find their soul mate. I'm just glad I realized it, and can't wait to see what our future holds. Whether it's good or bad, we'll deal with it together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the