Skip to main content

Very Inspiring Blogger Award :)

A couple of days ago, Mrs. O from The Ohlers nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blog award. Honestly, I almost cried. I've been blogging off and on for 3 years now, and I've never been considered for an award; especially a 'Very Inspiring' award. For a while I had hoped my blog was inspiring to other women with PCOS, but I started to realize lately that I'm not posting about happy stuff anymore. I'm sure that's partially due to the depressive funk I've been in for so long. It's hard to inspire others when you can't inspire yourself. For someone to still think I am inspiring gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling that I haven't had in a while. And I really do appreciate it.

And now that I have been nominated, it's my turn to follow suit! Here are the rules:

A) Display the award image on your blog.
B) Link back to the person who nominated you.
C) State 7 things about yourself.

1. I love my husband.
2. I treat my animals like children because we can't have any of our own.
3. I have two jobs and also volunteer with Power Up for PCOS.
4. I openly admit to being crazy, because I never want people to expect normality from me.
5. I only have 3 birds because that's all that the city I live in allows.
6. I disagree with the way a lot of people view/treat pit bulls - and when we have a house and yard of our own, we'll be working with the Villalobos Rescue Center in New Orleans to adopt one.
7. I recently discovered I'm not half bad at painting pottery!

D) Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites.
I didn't make it to 15, but to be honest, I don't really read a lot of blogs. I've drastically cut down on my computer time.

Annie @ Just Beginning Our Illusory Hope
She is an inspiration because she has tried so hard (and succeeded!) in losing weight with PCOS. And now she's a Power Up for PCOS volunteer!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit
Leanne inspires me to get to know myself and try new foods. I lost count of how many recipes I've used from her!

Gena @ Choosing Raw
Gena inspires me because she decided to go back to school for Pre-Med, and she shows all of her blog readers how easy it is to make and eat awesome food that's super good for you!

Shannon @ 15th and Madison
Shannon inspires me because she doesn't let anything get her down. We have both gone through a rough marraige/divorce, although for very different reasons, and we are still moving on and getting back our lives.

Jen @ Life, Crafts & Whatever
She inspires me because even with adorable 4 little girls, she still finds time to do awesome crafty stuff. I know that if she can do it, I can too :)

Anasara @ Impregnable!
She inspires me because she hasn't given up on her journey to be a mother.

Sarah @ SECS vs PCOS
She inspires me because she never has anything bad to say. I can always count on her to provide a little encouragement when I need it most. I can only hope that I have the same effect on her that she does on me. And she's a Power Up for PCOS volunteer, too!

Christina @ The Ohlers
Besides having nominated me for this award, she inspires me because she spends a lot of time helping women with PCOS, from running a weight loss challenge to moderating a large facebook group.

E) Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post.

Comments

  1. Thanks for nominating me :) I know I don't blog as often as I'd like and I often time wonder if it is worth it, but to me if it helps one person it is well worth it :) So keep on blogging :) it is hard to find other Cysters who like to do things naturally because I do too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the