Skip to main content

Experimentation - e-mealz!

So the next step I have taken in my weight loss journey is my new subscription to e-mealz.com. I have heard rave reviews about this company, and for the low price of $5 a month, I decided it wouldn't hurt to try.

I <3 Emealz

e-mealz is a subscription service that provides you with a menu plan for the week, as well as a shopping list (in most cases, with prices!) to help you shop. With the recent changes Hubs and I are making to better take care of my health, I'm trying to save money anywhere I can. (Reducing stress does wonders for weight loss!) I waste a TON of money on food. I buy more than I need, and it goes bad. Not cool when you're on a budget. They have low carb, gluten free, and portion control menus, as well as regular, no limits menus. For those with kids, they have larger plans to feed more, and they have one for people like me, who only need to feed 2 people. The 2 people menu plans are budgeted to spend $30-$50 a week, and the larger, 4-6 people plans are $80-$100. All of these come for $1.25 a menu plan, on 3-month subscriptions. I signed up for the Low-Carb Any Store 2 Person plan. Sadly, the gluten free plan was only for 4-6 people, so I figured I'll just modify mine slightly when necessary to keep it gluten free.

I've decided that I am going to give this program 3 months - the length of one $15 subscription. The new menus are posted every Wednesday for me (different days for different plans, based on your store choice), the same day all the new sales start. I'm going to print the meal plan and shopping list and put it in a binder so I don't lose it. Once I have the list, I'm going to use it to find coupons to save even more money, then get shopping! Granted, these meal plans only provide dinner options, but I make smoothies for breakfast ad eat leftovers for lunch. If I make sure to make 3 servings for dinner, I can make my lunch for the next day. Perfect! As for the hubby, if he even eats during the day at all, he's perfectly content with Totino's pizzas and canned ravioli. He's so easy to please :)

I'll start Wednesday. This gives me some time to use what I have left in the fridge and freezer. Since I'm only going to be shopping for a week at a time, I need plenty of room in my fridge to hold everything - no need to freeze meat if I'm going to use it that fast. I'll post about my first experience shopping on Wednesday!

Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Comments

  1. Definitely let me know how you like it. I've heard good things about them but haven't tried them. I think I'm about to invest a good chunk of money into food/diet/health plan.. I'm looking at MediFast. The only thing is the cost. However, my stepmom is doing the program and she has lost 63 lbs already in 6 months. It definitely works, but you have to have the money to invest into it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the