Skip to main content

I Feel So....

Useless - I slept until 7pm on Saturday. That's right, 7PM. I had wanted to go to the botanical garden that day, but that obviously didn't happen. Thankfully I was able to get to the grocery store on Sunday to get supplies so I could make a ton of burritos to freeze. I have a laundry list of things I'd like to do, projects I'd like to complete, and I sit here, night after night, doing nothing. This is the first time I've posted in a week! I was doing great for a while, posting a lot, and now... (Although the new office configuration at work might have a little to do with it as well)

Depressed - Well this one is pretty obvious. I'm depressed that we can't have kids without a lot of struggle, and my period being over a week late isn't helping either. At my psychiatrist's appt today, I brought up the depression. She just said I needed to wait for my bipolar meds to start working. I've been on these meds for 11 months... If they haven't started working yet, why would another month matter?

Barren - I see all the pregnant women or women with babies and all I can think is that I'll never get the chance to be pregnant. Will I ever see a little peanut on a sonogram, or hear a heartbeat, or feel a baby kick? Not anytime soon. And we've discussed adoption before. It's a possibility, but not anywhere in the near future, due to the crazy restrictions and long process. We've discussed private adoption - where a pregnant woman that wants to give her child up for adoption chooses us without the use of an agency - but we don't have the connections to get our name out there. We don't go to church, we have a very small group of friends, and those friends are likely not going to be interested in helping us by spreading the word. I'm sure it's uncomfortable for them to say to someone, "A friend of mine is looking to adopt a baby. If you know any pregnant girls that want to give their baby up for adoption, let me know." Here in Texas, it's illegal to advertise in print and online materials that you are looking to adopt, so we can't be a Penny Saver success story, like in Juno.

I hate this feeling that I'm not a good wife. I don't cook as often as I would like to anymore. The house is a mess, and although it's technically Hubs' responsibility since I'm working and he isn't, I still feel bad because I can't do it myself. I can't give my husband children. I hate seeing how upset he gets when anything baby-related comes up, knowing I can't do anything about it. I used to be normal. I know I can blame all of the on the PCOS, but when I'm doing a lot to try and turn my life around, it's hard to continue feeling this way. I have been working so hard for almost a year now, and although I've lost weight and sorta got my periods back on track, I don't feel any better. I just wish there was some magic pill to make everything all better. I'd pay a pretty penny for that pill, too.

Comments

  1. Hi there. I found your blog through Goodnight Moon's blog...I have PCOS too, but not sure what how "bad" it is. I was "diagnosed" (I hate that word) with it in late 2007 and I've worked on losing weight in hopes of making it easier to get pregnant eventually. I'm getting married in July, so we're not trying for a baby yet, but we will soon after. I'm not getting any younger, and I'm sure the older I get (I'll be 27 in June) the harder it will be. I look forward to reading your blog!

    http://stacyannsadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the