Skip to main content

Time for a diet...

I recently started taking a new medication to manage my PCOS. I have been having some unpleasant side effects, so I jumped on my PCOS forum and asked other women about it. Apparently, these side effects are common, especially after eating greasy or sweet foods. The medication is supposed to help my body fight my insulin resistance, so anything greasy or sugary is going to make my system go haywire. I don't want to stop taking the meds, but I hate the side effects, so I'm starting a no carb diet. I've done no carb diets before, and they have worked out very well, as long as I had someone making sure I follow it. (My grandmother is very good at the guilt trips) I am hoping to use my distain for the side affects as motivation to stay on the diet. An added bonus for myself, which I'm also hoping will keep me dedicated, is that Mayhem Fest is in August. For those of you that don't know, my absolute all-time favorite band is KoRn. I was offered a chance to go see them at OzzFest a few years ago, but I couldn't go because of my ex-husband. My new hubby, Hubs  was the one that had offered the tickets for me and Meanie, but I knew I wouldn't have any fun because Meanie wouldn't allow me to talk to anyone while we were there. But now... :) The Mayhem Fest lineup includes Rob Zomibe, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, and you guessed it... KoRn! Did I mention I can also afford the tickets? Here's the kicker - It's in Texas, at SuperPages (formerly Smirnoff), in AUGUST. Ughhh... With me weighing in at 260 (although I don't look that heavy), the heat would leave me miserable. So my other motivating force behind the diet is to lose enough weight that I can fit into a cute and cool outfit I can buy from HotTopic. (I was thinking a tank top and skirt *crosses fingers*) Ok, it doesn't have to be from HotTopic, because they are expensive, but they have limited sizes. I want to be in a size they sell. To do this, I'd have to lose at least 60-80 pounds. Yes, I know that's a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time, but the last time I went on the no carb diet and stuck to it, I lost 30 lbs in 1 month. I have a little over 3 months to lose the weight, so as long as I stick to the diet, I should have no problem dropping it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the