Skip to main content

Kombucha and a vitamix!

I've been addicted to Kombucha tea for a couple of months now. When I shop at Sprouts, I always grab a few of the GT's Synergy organic kombucha with chia. By far my favorite flavor is Black Chia, which has black currant juice in it. The problem with buying it, though, is the price. $3.50 a bottle. Yeah, it's cheaper than Starbucks, but I don't go to Starbucks every day. There have been a lot of blogs recently about making your own kombucha. I thought that would be a lot of fun, but I need to be a little more normal so I can prepare it properly and remember to check on it. I was at my grandmother's this morning and we started talking about it. Wouldn't you know she wanted to make her own too! I'll be buying a starter SCOBY soon, and I'll be making my own kombucha ! I can't wait to decide all the different flavors I want to make!

On another note, I'm very happy to announce that I'm having a garage sale in a few weeks! Along with my support group, we will be raising money to assist one of our Cysters in paying her son's medical bills. he is only 13, has cerebral palsy, and has been diagnosed with a rare liver cancer. He's so sweet, and doesn't deserve all this illness crap. I'm so blessed to have girls in the group that are they for more than just PCOS advice. We all care about each other. I couldn't have hoped for a better group. My cysters are awesome :)

Hubs and I went of for a late anniversary lunch last Friday. While we were eating, Hubs got a phone call. A few weeks ago Sprouts was doing a giveaway for a VitaMix blender and a gift certificate for groceries. I put my name, Mom and Hubs in the drawing. Hubs won. Woohoo! A VitaMix in store costs roughly $500, so I was super excited about it. But honestly, I don't know why it's so special. I have not pulled it out of the box and tried anything yet because I don't know what to do. I will be digging through food blogs to see what I can find. Supposedly I can blend the crap out of fruits and veggies to get a better juice than my juicer provides. I'm supposed to be able to make hot soup in it too. With the temps dropping finally, I'm definitely going to try out some soups!

I'm getting back on track diet-wise, or at least I'm trying. I'm working on my self-esteem and getting rid of the negative self talk. I think the negativity is my biggest issue. 'What's the point in losing weight? You'll just gain it back...' stuff like that. Or I get mad at myself for not sticking to my plans. The usual junk I always say about myself. I'm trying to be nice to myself. I can do it.

I think that's plenty of my usual randomness for the day :)

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see you post about how to make kombucha. I love the raspberry chia, but it is really expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

What's Your Song Thursdays!

I missed this last week, and although I've only participated for a few weeks, I felt really bad that I didn't get to. Lately I've been trying to find songs that fit into my category of I'm strong, and I'm not going to give up . There are a lot out there, but finding ones that are a little more vague is a difficult task. I'm not dealing with a breakup, so the songs about being storng after breakups don't work. I need songs about having to fight a life-long battle, fighting for what you believe in, fighting for what you want. This one fits :) The enemy: PCOS and infertility. I will be invincible. I may lose a few battles, but damnit I'm going to win the war! Then everyone will have to go into hiding, because between me, the hubby and our friends, we will have evil little children. We already lovingly refer to them as our future demon spawn lol :) Without further ado, here's Pat Benetar with Invincible Don't forget to head over to Goodnight Mo...