Skip to main content

It will happen - I think!

I've had a vitamin/supplement series idea running through my head for awhile. It's a lot easier to manage PCOS naturally when you know what to use, dosages, the good brands, etc. But more importantly, why take it? What exactly does it help?

Photo Credit
I recently realized that I was taking over a dozen supplements a day, and I couldn't tell you what some of them were for unless I did some research. That's crazy. It's very important to know the reasons behind anything you put in your system. We have to make informed decisions to provide our bodies with the best care. If we don't know why we are taking something, then it wasn't really an informed decision, was it? That's why I stopped taking everything, and started from scratch, one at a time. This way I know why I'm taking it, what effects I'm looking for, and I can determine if it's working or not.

But I need your help. This project can't reach it's full potential without help from you. What supplements have you tried? How have they affected you? Please leave me a comment or send me an email with the subject 'Supplement Blog Series' to courtneysaville (at) gmail (dot) com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

What's Your Song Thursdays!

I missed this last week, and although I've only participated for a few weeks, I felt really bad that I didn't get to. Lately I've been trying to find songs that fit into my category of I'm strong, and I'm not going to give up . There are a lot out there, but finding ones that are a little more vague is a difficult task. I'm not dealing with a breakup, so the songs about being storng after breakups don't work. I need songs about having to fight a life-long battle, fighting for what you believe in, fighting for what you want. This one fits :) The enemy: PCOS and infertility. I will be invincible. I may lose a few battles, but damnit I'm going to win the war! Then everyone will have to go into hiding, because between me, the hubby and our friends, we will have evil little children. We already lovingly refer to them as our future demon spawn lol :) Without further ado, here's Pat Benetar with Invincible Don't forget to head over to Goodnight Mo...