Skip to main content

What's For Dinner? June 20-24, 2011

Oh my goodness, a meal plan? Yep, I finally got around to doing another one. I went to the farmer's market again this weekend and need to plan out the usage so I don't let anything ruin.

Monday: Chicken Enchilada Chicken and Garlic Brussels Sprouts
The chicken has been marinating in my freezer for 2 weeks now. It's just some chicken broth and Chicken Enchilada seasoning from Homemade Gourmet. The brussels sprouts, on the other hand, will be made using a Garlic Brussels Sprouts recipe from AllRecipes.com

Link: Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Courtesy of AllRecipes.com

Tuesday: White Bean Pizza with Tomatoes
This is a repeat from a few weeks ago. I made it with Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Dough, and there wasn't quite enough bean puree. This time I'm doubling the puree recipe, but using a can of black beans because I only have one can of white beans.

Link: Pizza with White Bean Puree and Tomatoes
Courtesy of EatingWell.com

Wednesday: Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Tomato Sauce
There's one particular vendor at the farmer's market that has baskets full of tomatoes called 'Seconds'. Nothing is actually wrong with the tomatoes, they just aren't pretty to look at. These gigantic baskets cost $6. Every time I go, I get a basket for homemade spaghetti sauce. The recipe always changes slightly, so I can't post it for you. But I can tell you what I put in it:
Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
Homemade Gourmet's Spaghetti Sauce seasoning
Homemade Gourmet's Garlic Basil seasoning
Lots of garlic

I'll add ground turkey for some protein, and bake a spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, for 30-45 minutes at 350. Mix it all up and top it off with plenty of parmesan cheese!

Thursday: Easy Pork Chop and Apple Bake with Boiled Cheesy Cabbage
The cabbage was another farmer's market find this week. It was beautiful! I love boiling it and covering it with cheese (although the house smells terrible afterwards). I have convinced the hubby to let me make cabbage this week, so I wanted to serve it with pork chops. I found this recipe at Cooks.com.

Link: Easy Pork Chop and Apple Bake
Courtesy of Cooks.com

Friday: I'm still thinking about it...

I'm not sure what I'm doing on Friday. I'll have to inventory the fridge and see what's available. I'll edit this with the recipe once I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....