Skip to main content

Just a little down this evening...

I am feeling the aftermath of tax season, and so is my body. I am self-employed, so taxes are killer. Unlike most people I know, I didn't get to celebrate a tax refund. Instead, I had to write a fairly large check two weeks ago. To overcome this major dent in our pocketbook, we had to make a few changes. First, we knew that we could not afford to go to the grocery store until my next paycheck in the middle of May. That meant we were stuck eating whatever I could scrounge up around the house. I'm well stocked with meats and canned veggies, but veggies are just so much more enjoyable when they are fresh. So because I can't get to the store to get fresh veggies, my diet is suffering. Thankfully I only gained 0.2 pounds at my Weight Watchers meeting tonight. I probably would have cried if it was more. We also did a lot of yard work to get our garden and patio competition worthy. Our apartment complex had that Earth Day contest, and we won! Thank goodness, because we needed the discounted rent. My already problem-rittled back took a beating, though. I went to the chiropractor Monday morning for an adjustment, but that didn't relieve any pain. I talked to my dad today and he suggested to try IcyHot patches to make the pain tolerable, so I don't have to miss work again, like I did today.

It's like this revolving cycle - My back is in severe pain, so I miss work. When I miss work, I can't afford the trip to the doctor to get another pain med prescription. When I don't have pain relievers, my back is in severe pain. Sucks, right? And then, I keep hoping that losing a lot of weight will reduce the strain on my back. Problem there is: I tried to exercise, just some simple yoga, and could only last 8 minutes before I was in desperate need of a chair. Ugh.

Just needed to rant. I'm tired of all these problems getting in the way of the progress we need to start TTCing with a donor. Thanks for listening :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....