Skip to main content

July 2016 Monthly Goals

Here was June's list -
Work:
- Keep up the 6 hour days - Mostly. 
- Work on/finish the freelance web design job now that the client has made some decisions - Worked, yes. 

Health: 
- GET BACK TO YOGA. (This will be on my list until I succeed) - Nope
- Continue meal/batch prepping - Not really
- Keep taking my meds. - YES
- Do the Walk of Hope - YES!
- Do better at staying off oil - Ehhhh... Vegan junk food will be the death of me lol

Personal/Home:
- Clean my kitchen from top to bottom - nope
- Clean the living room, more particularly the zoo area, from top to bottom - nope
- Work another pet adoption event (that'll make 2 for the month!) - Yes!
- Have fun with my niece when she comes to visit! - Yes!
- Start working on next month's surprise :) - Yes!
- Finish reading the self-help books I rented from the library - Still reading

I'm so excited about the July surprise. Only 5 people actually know what's going on, and they are just as happy about it as Hubs and I are. But that's all I'm saying until it has happened and pictures are taken.

Health-wise I don't think June was that great. I did REALLY awesome for a week, lost 5 pounds, then got lazy and ate a roast beef sandwich. It was gross, so I guess that's a good thing. I definitely won't eat it again. Vegan is getting easier since animal products are starting to taste funny. Now that I know I can get good vegan from Pei Wei and Chipotle, it's a lot easier for me to stick to my guns when I don't have a pre-packed lunch. (Although I think I might need to cut back on the quantity of tofu I'm consuming) I'm still not cooking with any oil, so my only problem is snack food, like premade roasted chickpeas, or crispy peas. I need to try and make these in bulk with my dehydrator so I don't buy so much.
I haven't been working out, though, and that's still a problem. Hubs and I did do the 1 mile Walk of Hope, and that was good. I didn't die afterwards, so I could do that more often if it wasn't boiling outside.
I have been taking my anti-depressant again for a few weeks, and I can definitely feel the difference. I'm glad I went back on it.

I've got several freelance jobs with looming deadlines this month, and that makes me happy. Everything should be done fairly quickly, and I can put that money towards my ailing car. I'm glad I feel like I'm starting to back on track.

Here's July's list! It's short, but everything is really important and could greatly influence August's list.

Work:
- Increase workdays to 7-8 hours again (per boss' request)
- Get 2 freelance jobs finished and 1 started
- Continue towards starting work earlier in the day

Health: 
- HOLY CRAP DO SOME YOGA.
- Batch cook at least twice

Personal:
- Work an adoption event
- Get trained to be an adoption coordinator for our fave rescue group!
- Help Hubs get set up as a transport/training buddy for our rescue group!
- Finish planning and enjoy our surprise!
- Finish all the books I have checked out from the library and rent more
- Start planning the DFW PCOS Cysters September Run/Walk/Crawl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I

What's Your Song? Thursday - Aug 18, 2011

Stressed out this week. Busy and exhausted. I've been singing Annie to keep myself happy. I like this video, because it's so interesting to see how Annie was cast over the years in various countries. Enjoy! Join the link-up at Amber's blog and checl out her giveaway!

What's Your Song? Thursday Link Up

This week has just been... rough. It started over the weekend. Mom and I spent a lot of time, money and effort in organizing my kitchen and cooking a ton of food. Sadly, cooking, as much as I love it, has become a major pain for me in the past couple of years, and even more so in the last 6 months. I have been dealing with a lot of back pain, and it is at the point where I cannot stand in one place for more than 10 minutes before I collapse in pain. And when I mean collapse, I'm not kidding. Knees hit the floor, tears start streaming down my face, and I lean on the object closest to me, hoping that the waves of pain along my spine will go away. Doctors have no idea what's wrong, x-rays don't show any problems, and the chiropractor claimed I had 4 pinched ligaments, but I can't afford to go to him twice a week to get adjustments (especially when the last time I went, I was in pain for a week afterwards). I did a lot of cooking while sitting down this weekend to ease the