Skip to main content

Getting To Know Myself - Day 2


If you have the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?

We have got to stop being so damn cruel to each other. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but it is unnecessary and ridiculous to attempt to force them on others. This comment, of course, is focused on one thing, because it's the basis for pretty much all other arguments - religion. If you are happy with your religion, that's fantastic. I just ask you to remember that the United States started because the colonists wanted the freedom to believe in whatever religion they wanted. They even incorporated the separation of church and state. The funny thing, though, is that separation never truly happened. And those who try to keep that separation catch hell from the Christians that believe the government should enforce laws based on religious beliefs. We are bombarded now with hateful billboards, lawsuits, etc.

Did you know that at most schools in the country, you are allowed to wear a cross or a Jewish star necklace, but pentacles and pentagrams are forbidden? Why are some allowed to wear pieces that reflect their religion while others are not?

So here's an easy way to fix this. If it's religious, the government doesn't touch it. No nativity scenes on public property. No more 'In God we Trust' on money. No more 'Under God' in the pledge. If two men or two women want to get married, so be it. In school, either ban all religious symbols altogether, or let everyone wear them.

**I realize that these suggestions would also imply that Christmas should not be celebrated, and cities should not throw tree lighting parties. I'm okay with Christmas, mainly because it's not celebrated correctly anyway. The date Dec 25 was chosen several hundred years ago by a king to join Christians and Pagans  together to celebrate one occasion. Jesus' birth is clearly documented in the bible. Luke 2:8 "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night." If you do a simple google search for weather patterns in the Middle East in December, you'll see it was too damn cold for shepherds to be watching their flock in the fields at night. But I could go on and on about how Christmas isn't really a religious holiday (as Christians want it to be.)**

Disclaimer: If you don't like what I have to say, that's fine. You are entitled to your own opinion, just as I am. And if you want to respond to anything I have said, I welcome your comments. However, if you want to comment solely to bash me or my opinions and beliefs, don't. I'll just delete it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....