Skip to main content

Sabbatical - Week 2 Checkin

I've been a pretty crappy blogger this past week. I figured that I would blog more since I had more time, but that obviously wasn't the case. I started my sabbatical a week ago. I worked out M-Th last week, then did a lot of walking around garage sales with my mom on Friday. The weekend, though, was useless. I didn't do anything. I ate fairly well, if you don't count the pizza we ordered last night, and the nachos at Movie Tavern. I've been pretty mad at myself, because even though I've done a lot of working out, the scale has gone up even more. I've really got to get back on track with my diet and get rid of the Veggie Stix (veggie flavored potato sticks.) Of course I say this as I wait for my GF cinnamon raisin bread to rise so I can stick it in the oven.

I didn't do Fat Ass Friday this week because the scale said 243. It just made me want to cry. I decided to wax my chin this week (Excess hair is a major problem with PCOS), and now I have a golf-ball sized patch of flaky, red skin on my chin, along with hair that didn't get ripped out. I tried a mask from Central Market to soothe the skin, but to no avail.

But we have been doing some good things around the house. We bought two cute black bar stools to go with the table I bought a few months ago. The table attaches to the wall, and can be folded down when not in use. We're going to stain it with a dark cherry. I'm going to re-upholster the seats of the chairs to a darker color so they don't look dirty all t he time. We've also started picking up the mess in the dining room so we can start using it again. As soon as the dining room is clean, my mom and I will start doing some of our refurbishing projects to make some extra money. We have serving trays to decorate, poof ottomans to sew together, an adorable rocking horse to stain and other little craft projects. I'll post pictures as we proceed :)

So this week I want to ramp up the exercise, focus more on the diet, and get some projects done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....