Skip to main content

December Goals

HOLY CRAP IT'S THE END OF 2015. I'm a little late in posting this, but better late than never! Here were November's goals:

- Finish Nutrition course final by Nov 15 - YES YES YES! And I scored a 96 overall!
- Start Dyslexia Therapist course on Nov 16 - Yep! 2 of 10 modules complete
- Visit family for Thanksgiving - Nope. Family cancelled, and I had a horrible migraine (damn gluten). So we hung out at home and ate mashed potatoes.
- Get most (if not all) handmade Xmas gifts completed - Yes! I'm fairly certain all I have left is to put some of those handmade gifts in the proper containers for distribution.
- Get the Christmas Card exchange lists out to all participants - Done!
- Get Christmas cards ready to mail - Mailed! I have one more card to make, but I've been really slow because I want the wording to be PERFECT.
- Go to yoga at least once - Nope. But I did buy a groupon for another studio close to home, and I have one prepaid class at my favorite hot yoga studio. I'll be going soon.
- Reorganize closet with warm clothes up front - Yep! I didn't really have much to move forward, but it sure is easy to find clothes in my "I'm still totally asleep" phase.

I don't think I have EVER seen so many "Dones" on my personal goal list. I'm super excited. So I need to think about my goals for the rest of December. There's only 2 weeks left, so I'll make this list fairly simple.

December:
- Finish at least 2-4 more modules in my Dyslexia Therapist course
- Yoga!
- Finish wrapping all gifts
- Finish my Christmas card to a special couple
- Visit Hubs' grandmother a few hours away
- Finish at least 1 week on the McDougall Plan (details in the next blog post)
- Sit down with Hubs and get our 2016 Plan written
- Sell some unneeded stuff in the house/storage, like the extra desk and washing machine

My list for the month sounds way too easy, so maybe I'll get it done like last month!

HAVE A BLESSED YULE, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY SATURNALIA, HAPPY HANUKKAH, HAPPY KWANZAA and whatever other holidays are around this time of year. In short, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Your Song? Thursday IS BACK!

I realized that I'm in desperate need of some tunage. I'm trying a 3-day juice fast, and I want it to go well, so I need to be in a good mood - esp. since I hate most of the veggies in the juice but I know they are good for me. I have some good news - I have lost enough weight to take the 'W's off the end of my pant size, and I had to buy new, SMALLER undies. YAY! The hubby is very excited about the pair decorated with sledding penguins lol. Here's my song - Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Love this song!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go dance with my dog and ignore all the dirty laundry that really needs to meet the washing machine :) Join us on this great link-up from Amber at Goodnight Moon !

Food Allergy Test Results

I was in for a surprise when I got my food allergy test results this past Wednesday. For the few days prior, my thoughts were wrought with fear that I may be allergic to garlic or nuts. I even started designing my garlic and nut super-villain tattoos. Thankfully those weren't on my list. The shock came with the 29 other items on my list! Moderate allergies Baker’s and brewer's yeast Pineapple Vanilla White mushroom Sensitivities Broccoli Buttermilk Carrots Casein Celery Cilantro Cinnamon Cod Dates Iceberg lettuce Kiwi Lamb Millet Onion Oregano Parsley Plum Potato Raspberry Rosemary Sage Strawberry Swiss cheese Turkey I was upset to see so many yummy foods on the list, including my go-to meat, turkey, and some of my usual spices. I was glad to see celery and onions, though. I’ve detested them for years and I always get laughed at for hating onions. Now I have a legitimate reason for hating them! I can live with this list. Well, I...

The Doctor... Doctor Who? A.K.A. Damn you, Netflix :)

Oh, the hardships of having no cable TV... We decided that we were paying way too much money for cable, when there were only a handful of channels we watched. Of course we couldn't get the basic cable, because it was missing half of the channels we wanted. So I cut it off completely. And I'm so glad I did. We upgraded our internet service, bought a year of Xbox Gold membership, and subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix. Although we have decided to cancel our Hulu subscription, we love Netflix. Hulu is great for current shows, but Netflix is awesome because we can watch an entire series. When it first came out, I LOVED Alias. It was a spy show starring Jennifer Garner. My mom and I used to watch it every week. But Hubs had never heard of it! Seriously, he lived under a mountain. At least when it came to TV. So we watched all 5 seasons of Alias. We decided that instead of watching various shows all at once, we would choose a series and watch it all before switching to a new show....